Christian schooling professionals, including teachers, are represented by the Christian Educators’ Professional Association. CEPA is a non-profit organisation established by educators to advance Christian schooling. Members of CEPA access services that include
- Free subscription to The Christian Teachers Journal, which explores teaching from a Christian perspective. It is written by teachers for teachers.
- Access to member forums and online resources about Christian education topics, such as
- Christian perspectives on education
- The interplay between biblical theology and educational issues
- Classroom inclusivity and Christian music.
CEPA Crux News: monthly e-newsletter with news on education accompanied by Christian commentary.
CEPA Job List: a fortnightly listing of vacant positions in Australian Christian schools.
Online Teacher Education Courses
Current or prospective Christian educators have access to a wide range of online courses. The National Institute for Christian Education (NICE) offers professional development courses, including workshops, short courses and free online courses.
NICE also offers a selection of degree courses, including
- Master of Education – MEd
- Master of Education (Leadership) – MEd (Leadership)
- Graduate Diploma of Education – GradDipEd.
General online teaching degrees also often include units in religious studies. Graduate certificate, graduate diploma and masters courses can be taken as a way of specialising in Christian education and finding employment in Christian schooling.